Dentist in Maumee & Toledo, OH
If you notice any unusual changes in the soft tissues of your mouth, it is important to seek an oral cancer screening as soon as possible. Our dedicated dentist, Dr. Tyler Morehart, can assist in identifying oral cancer or other developing problems so that you can receive the care you need.
The term “oral cancer” encompasses cancers affecting various areas such as the hard palate, sinuses, cheeks, throat, tongue, lips and mouth. Early detection of oral cancer is crucial, as treatment becomes increasingly challenging in advanced stages. With your well-being as our top priority, we offer regular oral cancer screenings during your dental cleaning and exam. This proactive approach allows us to identify any signs of the disease promptly and guide you towards the necessary treatment, if needed.
The following symptoms commonly indicate oral cancer. If you experience any of these signs, we urge you to contact us immediately:
- A persistent or recurrent sore throat
- The sensation of an object lodged in the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Non-healing sores on the mouth, face, or neck that persist beyond two weeks
- Unexplained numbness or pain in the mouth, face or neck
- Ear pain
- Rough or tender spots, bumps or lumps on the lips or anywhere in the mouth
- Spotted, white or red patches in the mouth or on the lips
- Difficulty in chewing, speaking or swallowing
- Changes in your bite or the alignment of your teeth or dentures
During the oral cancer screening, our dentist and team will thoroughly examine for these symptoms to ensure the preservation of your oral health and radiant smile.
Contact Morehart Dentistry today to schedule your appointment and learn more about oral cancer screening in Maumee and Toledo, Ohio.